View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 AM

Cara laughed, imagining the horrors of an over-stuffed wardrobe. Oh, the noblemen must simply be falling over themselves for her. Truly, though. A girl like Asleen would never go for simple trinkets like dresses, though. Grinning, she suggested playfully, "Perhaps they've formed some sort of cult? They channel information about the beautiful princess across the land, in hopes that you'd fall for one of their dashing members." Cara knew the idea ridiculous, but it rather amused her. Relief washed over her as Asleen seemed to agree to the idea of running to the interior. "Good." She replied simply, nodding as she sent a grin in the other's direction. At least she wouldn't have to worry about that.

"I am sure she will pull through just fine... Through all of whatever comes." Cara spoke softly in response, unsure of what such a connection may mean, but still wishing to hope for the best. Optimism seemed something lacking before her and Kiernan had met up with Asleen, so she now thought it welcome to her own thoughts. It would at least allow her some rest before the Draskone made another move. Turning her gaze to the other as she performed a maneuver linking her bath to clean water, Cara smiled warmly at her friend. It may be a simple task, but the smoothness of it was easy to see. "Thank you." She spoke gratefully, considering for a moment remarking on the task itself, but deciding against it. That was something a teacher would do, not a friend, even if she meant to compliment her. Cara decided against it.

Then came the sudden mood change. As her friend seemed to insinuate that she must have other interesting men lurking about, Cara turned to look at Asleen incredulously, a generous blush across her cheeks as her eyes held themselves wide with the bit of surprise. "Oh, please, as if I would have time for such things." She replied back jokingly, then shaking her head as one of her hands rose to gentle one of her heated cheeks. She lightly nudged Asleen as she mockingly rose her hands as if picturing something, a sheepish smile playing at her lips. "Still... the only men in my life are the Master and Kiernan, sadly enough." Cara gave a little shrug, not particularly saddened by that information after all. Then, a thought crossing her mind, she did decide to make mention of another that had crossed her path earlier. "I suppose I should add Zed to that list, he is our companion that went to fetch help. Someone I ran into at Shild earlier today... He helped us fight off the Draskone. Numira called him a foolish forest man earlier, and I fancy that suits him well." She spoke thoughtfully, giggling a little as she then turned the questions back at Asleen. "How about yourself? Do any of these noblemen actually suit your fancy?"