View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 10-18-2014, 05:27 PM

Zed only grinned when Cara said she would leave the reckless things to him and Kiernan, that was a fair deal if he ever saw one, especially if it meant she would be safer, in some way he was sure Kiernan would agree with that sentiment, but he didn't say anything. At the mention of Yu again, Zed could only shrug though, hands rested on his hips as he looked at her,
"Well.. She still hasn't said anything about that name in particular.. I guess she did know him, I mean she said something about it when we came to get you three.. But if he's your teacher and you like him then.. Uh.. Thanks, I guess?" He rubbed the back of his head, perhaps a little embarrassed, he felt like he'd just rambled a little there.

The question about creating things, that got him grinning,
"You don't know the half of it. She makes a lot of things, we get materials from various lands, then she makes all kinds of things-" He paused, realizing he was about to go on about some of it, but then he remembered there were certain rules about some of things she created that she was very clear about. He and Shina knew about technology, and they knew how great it was, but they also knew how dangerous it was. Thinking back, those Golems. Sure he felt magic from them, but he suggested to Ixera that they might have been machines, like Hecate. Even showing Kiernana and Cara the inside of that ship was risky.. But they could be trusted..

Then came the question of the Iskander itself, he smiled nervously,
"Uhm.. There are certain rules we have to abide by. I cant actually explain the Iskander fully.. It is not that I do not want to, but there are really special rules that even Ixera has to follow. It is for the good of Austaros and even Draskone and other places. But you kinda have it on the button, it is another kind of home. If Aunt Ix thinks she should tell you more about it, she will, it isn't really my place." He rubbed his head, knowing how weird it might have all sounded, "She did once say it was one of the reasons she argued with her master, because she couldn't tell him things like this. Kinda sucks having a big secret you're not allowed to tell even when you really want to, I think?"

At Kiernan's offer to go grab food, Zed stared incredulously at the other man then chuckled,
"What? You wanna run all the way down a mountain for half a day, to the next town for the second half of the day, then bring it all back up by yourself? You do remember we're like.. On the tallest mountain around here, right?" He chuckled, "Don't worry about it, I'll get it when I get it, no-one said we had almost nothing left. It was just a topping-up run. Aunt Ix drilled preparedness into our heads, so now we just always make sure we've got plenty." Zed waved a hand lazily to Kiernan. Though looking at Cara he then smirked,
"It'll make a difference to have another lady around who can actually cook. Aunt Ix is okay, but Shina is a nightmare. I think she could make worse poisons than our Aunt with every day food ingredients," Zed chuckled a little, "Dont tell her I said that though, she'll throw me off the mountain.. Again.."