View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 PM

Smile blossomed on her lips and lit her eyes. They understood. "I appreciate it. I will take my things," she told the pair and spun on her heel, rushing back to her room to grab the bag she had left there. As much as she was used to duty filled, but in some ways relaxed schedule, it felt wrong to laze around now. There were things to be done.

Meanwhile, innkeeper approached the pair with kind smile, taking the glasses. "Already going, I see. Well, you treat our milady well, you hear? She has enough trouble to have heartache added on top," she said puzzlingly, seemingly more to Saith than Kev, and retreated behind counter, without answering any questions they might throw at her. By then, priestess had already returned and after she paid their bill, group exited the inn.

At Saith's words, she opened mouth to reassure her companion, but Kevlar was faster, making her smile slightly. It took short moments to adjust new supplies on horses, but thankfully, it was not too much new weight. "Indeed. Besides, I have traveled through these parts often and it is rather peaceful here," she explained and climbed up on her horse with ease.

When knight began whistling, she grinned, apparently recognizing the tune or perhaps just liking it. Mae caught look Saith threw at her, but shrugged slightly. "If everyone were the same, it would grow boring, would it not? Life's blessing is in its diversity." For a moment, she lost her light expression, mentally continuing that it tended to be life's curse as well, but then priestess joined Kevlar's whistling with humming and non-verbal singing. It was soft, so not to shadow melody human created.

And then they were off. Guard captain came to gates to see her off and she could feel his eyes on her until forest swallowed them up. Perhaps he doubted her judgement after all - most likely so, actually. But elven woman couldn't care less at the moment, feeling content and sure. So, the trio rushed onward through the woods all day and even slightly after dusk settled in to reach next village that was even smaller than previous one. They had stopped only for her short prayer to Sun as she went to rest. This settlement would be their last stop before Fargh'on.

She took room for each of them, not listening to any complaints from Saith and after quick meal, retired to her rooms. Things were going well and Mae went to sleep as happy as she could in the given situation. But tonight would bring no rest to the woman.

It started like soft waves washing against the shore - soft trembling of her eyelids, slight sigh passing her lips. But like storm on sea, it grew in power and soon, elf was trashing in her bed, expression full of fear and pain as screams filled the room. Most likely, those resting in quarters next to her were woken up by the agonized words in unfamiliar language - No! Please! I will be a good girl! I swear... Please! pleas in English had never reached the ears of that plagued her sleep. And then it all came to abrupt stop. Lacrimae had woken up.

Blankly, she stared ahead of her for a moment and then got out of bed. Automatically, she got ready for the day although sunrise was not yet for at least 3 or 4 more hours. But there would be no more sleeping for her and as quietly as possible, woman slipped out of her room and downstairs. She exited inn and stared up at the sky with Moon's all seeing eye staring back at her. Wrapping arms around her form, priestess sat down on the bench at well - central piece of this village.