View Single Post
Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 PM

Rei groaned as he pushed the doors to the kitchen open, finally removing his hand from his face. "i can't believe I did that." he muttered as he moved to where Ari was and nudged her out of the way so he could finish up with the cups and put them back on the shelf they belonged on, which was actually out of her reach. Rei had teased her about that a few years ago. Ari was giving him a curious look the whole time.

"Rei...?"

The man didn't seem to hear her, mumbling to himself under his breath. Ari's expression turned to one of worry as his strange behaviour continued until she couldn't take it and stomped her foot, practically screaming.

"REI!"

The man jolted and looked at the girl, a question in his eyes. Her gaze softened as she wrapped her arms around him and laid her head against his chest, holding him silently until he returned her embrace.

"Don't do that. It scares me." she whispered.

Rei's expression softened and he patted her on the head, ruffling her hair slightly. "Sorry. I won't let it happen again." he smiled a bit before pulling back and taking Ari's hand in one of his own. "Why don't we get you home now?" The pair left the cafe, making sure to lock up well, before directing their steps in the direction of Ari's home. Halfway there, she would start to get drowsy and Rei would be compelled to piggyback her the rest of the way. It was a routine he was well familiar with, and after dropping her off in the hands of her capable maids, Rei would begin the trek home by himself. This night he'd have a lot to think about...good thing it was a long walk then.