View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-08-2016, 11:51 PM

Her words were similar to his. Though not his, they did bring the raven into the back of his mind. It was bittersweet, to see him there.

Would he really be mad? Would he really want his beloved friend dead? Would Aleu's death truly fall on his hands?

Melik.

A faint voice buzzed within his skull.

Do you honestly think I could blame you?

A chill washed over him. He blinked, turned to find Eleanor on the way out.

"Wait," he called to her. Turning, he patted the spot beside him. "Would you..." his cheeks became pink. "Stay?"

He always hated being alone and he could sense that she did too. Her facade was a hard one to break down, but he knew that everyone hated to be alone. It was just the way of life. So long as man had a brain, he would want the company of another for loneliness is, well... lonely.

If she did decide to join him, Melik would loop his pinkie finger with hers. He would share a sincere smile with her before returning to his own thoughts. It was the same gesture he shared with Rroy time and time again. Whenever he was scared, Rroy would call him over and they would sit like this. Well, it would start like this. Melik would eventually move himself so he was between Rroy's arms and sitting square on his lap. He liked the way Rroy's breath kissed the side of his neck and cheek. He always found it enduring. No, protective.

The pair had a very brotherly affection about them. Melik, though a year older, often took on the role of Rroy's younger brother. Whenever nightmares ailed his mind, Rroy would climb into bed with him and hold him until he fell into a peaceful sleep.

It was innocent and sweet, exactly what Melik needed.

If you see me as innocent and sweet, then why do you think such ill thoughts of me?

Melik's eyes widened. His pinkie curled around hers more.

Don't think all is forsaken, Melik. You have no need to feel broken. Remember, sometimes the darkness can show you light.

A softer, kinder look grew on Melik's face.

"Rroy," he whispered. His pinkie retracted and he sat up. A smile grew on his face.

"It takes total darkness within to rekindle the light that burns brightest within the soul." His hand slowly moved to rest on his chest. "Ignite it," his eyes closed and he let his memories flood back. He could see Rroy's hand reaching out to touch his cheek and he clung helplessly to his mother's corpse. His smile was genuine, one of love and compassion. One of understanding. He knew what it was like to take life. He knew what it was like to stop the demons. He knew what it was like to fight relentlessly for what he believed it. "Don't ever give in."

Eyes slipping to Eleanor, he flashed her a cheeky grin. "It's funny how we find the greatest strength during our lowest hours." He smirked again. "Rroy's right. Sometimes the darkness can show you the light."

The fog that once clouded his eyes seemed to waft away. Reaching his hand out, he took Eleanor's back in his own. "I don't know why I was given this path, but I'll fight to protect what you have here. I'll make sure hope doesn't become a memory."