View Single Post
hilarbees
2122-6101-0161 - N3DS
Send a message via MSN to hilarbees

Old 04-24-2016, 03:45 PM

Okay okay! Hopefully this will actually illustrate what I mean better haha.

At this, normal distance, it's hard to see a difference, but there really is a huge one! The "outlines" that you see are completely different. Zooming in, you will better see what I mean.

I know it's a bit dramatic to use a bold black outline to begin with, but I did it so that the differences could be more easily seen. Here, you can easily see how the "outline" in Dress B so closely matches the kind of outline the Mene base has, whereas in Dress A it's just totally out of place. The palette used for this dress is that Nature one you can see in the first pic, I just used black instead of the darkest color on the palette for the outline. However, in Dress B, the darkest color in the palette is so sparingly used anywhere on the pic, including in the outline. Given how there is such little space to work with in pixel art to begin with, sort of fading your main outline away like that gives you that much more space to add details. :) This is something I wish I had learned much, much earlier in my pixeling years haha :P I hope that helped explain things a little better?? I'm sorry, I'm bad at this...