View Single Post
Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Chapter Eight

All of the furrs paused for a second and looked towards their leader. The white wolf flashed a toothy grin and raised his paw. “Hold on, boys. It looks like this winglie hasn’t had enough fighting. I’ll show him what a real furr can do.”
There were cheers and howls and whistles from the furrs around them as the big wolf motioned for Oainix to come towards him. The wolf tore off his vest and flexed a mass of muscles in his chest and arms, turning his head to the sides there was an audible pop each time. He growled through his teeth and bared his claws in a strange fighting stance with his paws lowered and in front of him. He looked ready to kill.
“Oainix, no! Don’t do it!” Zephyr pulled back on his arm to try to stop him but he shook her off and looked back at her, whispering that he would be fine turning back just in time to see the wolf in midair about to pounce on him.
Zephyr leapt upward and pulled her way through the branches, looking back when she heard a loud uproar from the furrs. The wolf had landed hit that ended up slashing Oainix’s forearm and part of his shoulder. She turned back from her spot on top of the tree, to help him when the same two winglies that had followed her home descended in front of her.
They grabbed her arms and the bigger one said mockingly, “Miss Zephyr, glad that you could join us.”
“Let me go!” Zephyr bent down and pulled her arms into her then flung them away from her with all her strength. She flew diagonally up, going over the pond than then straight into the sky with the two suited winglies on her heels. They grabbed for her feet and tail as she kicked downwards hitting the larger winglie squarely in the chest only to be grabbed from behind as the small winglie grabbed her and pinned her wings to her back..
She twisted and folded her wings to her side pulling the dragon down with her, they fell towards the trees and the dragon loosened his grip enough for her to get an arm free. She flew hard towards the water and came to a halt, hovering over it as the small dragon splashed into the deep water. Zephyr looked over at Oainix and poised to fly to him as the wolf raised Oainix over his head. The large dragon that was still in the air dove on top of her before she could move, pushing her farther and farther under the water.
She held her breath in a panic and grabbed for the small dragon that was already making his way to the surface. With one claw, she reached for his ankle and he kicked with all his might, but she still held on. The dragon bent over and pried her claws from around his ankle as the large dragon wrapped his arms around her body and slowly began to float upwards. Zephyr found herself becoming weak thinking that she couldn’t hold her breath much longer. The large dragon was only a few feet from the surface as her vision began to blur. The air she was trying desperately to hold escaped her muzzle just as she was tossed out of the water onto the shore around the lake.
Zephyr coughed and rolled onto her wings. General Mace leaned over her and smiled as two Furrs lifted her onto her feet. “Like father, like daughter. Too bad, you might have been a great Peace Talker.” He leaned in closer to her and whispered, “You see what happens when you know too much?”
Zephyr’s eyes widened and she lunged at him, “You murderer! You had my father killed!”

Mace put a claw to his muzzle and said, “Did I do that? You know there have been so many. I just don’t remember.”
“How dare you.”
“Oh, the question is how dare you. Betraying the Senator like that. That is a crime punishable by death.” The Furrs tightened their grip on her as she tried to get free. “Although I would love to see them carry it out, I have a meeting to get to.”

----------

“How do you plan on explaining my disappearance to the Senator then?”
Mace paced back and forth in front of her and said, “I already had this planned, in case of emergencies such as this. You see, you and Mr. Lonestar had been working with the Furrs and they finally figure that you were working both sides and want none of it. I happen to be flying over as I see that they have the both of you cornered, and since I have no idea what is going on, I swoop down to help. Alas, I am to late. They leave you for dead and go to plan their attack on the cities in the sky. You see, with this new information, the Senator will have no choice but to strike before they do. It’s fool proof.”
Zephyr shook her head, “Too late again. Just like your brother, eh General. You know, I’m starting to wonder about your timing.”
Mace balled a claw and hit Zephyr hard across the face. “Watch your mouth, missy. You shouldn’t talk about things you don’t understand.”
“Oh, I understand. I understand perfectly.” Zephyr raised her head and looked him in the eyes. “Your brother was only getting in the way, as most Winglies tend to do around you. The Senator will see right through your plan. How could he not see that wherever you go, you leave a trail of death and destruction behind you-“
Mace hit her again and said, “That’s twice now, missy. Three strikes and your out, and I might not mind taking you out myself.” Zephyr spat out the blood in her mouth to the ground and gritted her teeth. She strained to raise her head again then Mace reached out and lifted her eyes to his. “My way won’t be quick either, so be glad I’m letting them take care of it.”
“Zephyr!” Zephyr looked to the voice and saw Oainix restrained by several Furrs. “I’m sorry, Zephyr!” The white wolf he was fighting looked winded and tired but he raised his paw and knocked Oainix over the head with what he was holding. Oainix fell limp in their paws as they carried him into the trees and vanished.
“Well, at least you won’t die alone, missy.” Zephyr turned her eyes back to the General to see his balled claw coming towards her face. She flinched as he struck her and fought back unconsciousness to look defiantly up at him. She curled her lip back and spat towards his face. The General laughed and grabbed her throat lifting her up slightly. “You know, it really is too bad that you had to go against me. I like a girl with spirit.”

----------

“Go jump off a cliff you old buzzard,” Zephyr managed to cough out. Though she was being held back she could feel her body getting hot. It felt like she was on fire. If looks could kill, the General would have fallen dead on the spot.
The Furrs holding her back exchanged looks and tightened their grip. Zephyr’s nostrils flared and everything around her seemed to gain a reddish hue to it. The General furrowed his brow and then released his grip on Zephyr taking a step back in surprise. He looked like he was going to say something but closed his mouth again and made a quick motion to the Furrs standing behind him. One Furr stalked forward and grinned down at Zephyr. She was so enraged that she didn’t even see the knee that knocked her out.

----------

Ok, another short chapter but I'm working on chapter nine as we speak. Hopefully, things will clear up in my mind and it'll come out alright.