Thread: Marked for Dead
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 AM

Percy jumped when he opened the door even though no one lay beyond. Adrenaline made him jittery. He should probably keep his finger away from the trigger, but unlike Kallen, he couldn't bring himself to let go of the weapon. He kept it held down at his side as he snuck into the room. "Damn, I should be glad no one's here, but I'm gonna go crazy opening doors and freaking out at nothing," he muttered as he crept in, his back to one wall. The stairs led up opposite of him, so he had a good view to the top. Good, so they knew what the hell they were doing now.

Once he stood right behind Kallen, close enough to hear the voices above, reality crashed down. Percy glanced at Kallen, then back at the top of the stairs. It only took him a few seconds to respond. "Well, we expected it. Come on, let's go already before I have time to back out!" he exclaimed in a whisper tone. Better to get shot now than live in a basement, not knowing what his fate might be. Percy shifted from foot to foot, already ready to get out there. "Don't tell me you're scared!" Because he sure as hell would be if he let himself think about it.