Thread: Beautiful Beast
View Single Post
~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 02-14-2016, 04:22 AM

Something was wrong. As Gemini watched the boy she had trapped, she realized she wasn't going to get the reaction she had expected from him. There was fear, but not the kind she wanted. She couldn't read human emotions well- the only one she knew was fear- so she didn't understand why he wasn't answering her. Then he started coughing, and she understood, at least partly. A scene flashed in her mind: a child, a sickbed, a horrible cough. She shook the image away. This boy had weak lungs, she realized. Well, that's no fun. She thought, allowing the sand to drop. She didn't want her new toy to break so soon.

Taking the shape of a desert fox, she slunk up next to him. "Perhaps I will not keep you here." It was the same voice as before, though it was strange to hear it coming from an animal who was clearly incapable of human speech. "I will let you go, human. But in return, you must send the other one back to me. The boy who came into the cave first. I will allow your village one day, and if he is not delivered to me, I will come to them." This plan was better, she decided. She would either get a new toy that was healthy, or she would get to terrorize the village in a way she normally couldn't.