View Single Post
Razak
Happy little trees

Penpal

Old 10-17-2015, 03:35 PM

Today is Caleb's birthday! I can't believe it came so fast, I feel like just the other day he was turning 23 and we were celebrating. Today he's working until 2:30 or 3:00, so I have the morning to myself which is nice! Spending 24/7 with your best friend can be kind of overwhelming!

Last night when I got off work I took him out to a diner close to our house for food and drinks, which I think he really liked. I feel really bad that he has to work today and that we didn't really get to spend a ton of time together. I think he feels bad that I took off work and he still went. But I understand, because he's gotta make money. He has more bills than I do.

Tonight we're supposed to go to Ruby Tuesdays, which will be interesting. His mom and I had a disagreement the other day because I stood up for him, so she isn't very happy with me right now. I honestly feel like I'm there for him and no her, so it doesn't really matter! I can't wait to go!

Tomorrow is the going away dinner for my boss! So much for only eating 800 calories in a day like my doctor wanted! Nancy (my boss) is moving down to North Carolina from New Jersey to start a new job and live closer to her boyfriend. I'm excited for her, even if I really hate the idea of working for someone new. I've been there the longest, so it'll be my fourth boss in that place!

On the job front I've sent out four or five applications and resumes a day. So far no calls, other than a temp agency that wanted me to pay them to place me in a temp job. Um, no thank you. There's a thing called the internet, it can tell me that it's a scam. Nice try, man. I'm planning on asking my father if there are any openings in his office.

I've worked in his office before, over the summer when I was still in school. I really liked the people there, and if I could get a job there then Caleb and I could move out faster! I'm willing to overlook the fact I'd work with my father. Especially if I moved out. That wouldn't be so bad, there's only so much abusive things he can do in a public place. He's a totally different person at work.

Surgery front is still very much the same! I'll be buying myself small containers soon, and washing them so they're ready to go. I've considered changing surgeons, but that's me being impatient.