View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-26-2015, 02:22 PM

Chloe eyes widened slightly as Darius mentioned the possibility of someday traveling together. From his tone of voice she wasn’t sure whether it was a serious statement or rather a joking one which left her at a loss as to how to respond. “That could be an interesting adventure,” she said, after a momentary pause. Once said, she closed her mouth and looked out the window to hide the blush creeping over her cheeks as she reminded herself that she was dreaming if she ever thought she could afford to travel or that they would eve see each other again once this trip came to a close.

Chloe looked back over at Darius when he mentioned where he was staying. She looked over to where he indicated he was staying. The spot was beautiful just near the lake and was obviously a pricier rental space. Still, as they pulled into her own, she looked out and was please with what she saw. There were green trees in a semicircle around her plot providing a decent amount of privacy and just the right balance of sun and shade. In the middle was a fire pit with a removable grate that could be used for cooking.

Once the engine died, Darius looked over at her and Chloe looked back. His expression was a bit difficult to read but as she looked into his deep brown eyes a little tingle spread its way down her spine. ”Thanks,” she said quickly as he offered to help unload her things. Popping open her own door, Chloe quickly exited the car to help unload her things. Opening the rear door of the car, she hauled out her bag and lugged it over to where she imagined she would pop her tent off to the side of the fire pit where Darius had already deposited the fire wood. Straightening up she took a deep breath of fresh air and couldn’t help but smile. Whether or not she saw more of Darius, this week would be wonderful. The air smelled so sweet compared to the usual smog and smells of the city and the lush greenery, so different than the angular buildings made her feel at ease.

Realizing that there were still a few more things to unpack, Chloe went back for the tent and dropped it off next to her bag before looking back at Darius. ”I want to thank you for your help,” she said, ”You saved me quite a few trips…and perhaps an infected toe,” she added jokingly. ”I have the fixings for s’mores, maybe I can convince you to let me thank you with a campfire one night this week?” Chloe smiled despite the fact that her heart was beating a million miles a minute. She had never been so direct with a man before but she was feeling brave and it wasn’t like she had anything to loose by asking.