View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-16-2015, 01:15 AM

Chloe's hand froze halfway to her mouth as a loud screeching sounded behind her. Her head shot back as the car skidded to a halt mere inches from her body. It was so close she could feel the heat radiating off of it’s hood. The young woman stood motionless until the driver extracted himself from behind the wheel. Shock quickly turned to embarrassment as he approached her to make sure that she was alright. In the city she probably would have yelled at the guy to watch where he was going (even if it was her fault) but her breath caught in her throat when the guy pulled off his sunglasses. Damn if he wasn’t cute, and damn if that didn’t make this even more embarrassing. She could tell from his accent that he was French. Her parents had sent her abroad for a year; apparently it looked really good on resumes. Her French was terribly rusty from disuse now but she could sometimes understand the tourists on the subway.

Pinching herself, Chloe forced herself to smile. “I’m fine,” she said, her voice just wavering slightly. Coughing lightly to clear her throat she added, “Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” Feeling the pressure of his gaze on her, Chloe blushed and reached her hand up to brush a strand of brown hair away from her face when a light breeze blew it into her eyes then adjusted the heavy pack on her back.