View Single Post
heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 PM

[001.] Fallen's Sunlight

Fallen had felt as if he had been in darkness his entire life, or what he recalled of it anyway. Yet, in those moments he felt that things had been looking up. Fallen smiled more, he laughed, he played. He finally understood how things were originally intended to be and how the selfishness of an individual, combined with the selfishness of every other individual, distorted the world. But Alanova brought him spirit and joy. She showed him adventure and freedom.

"Alanova," he said, meekly, as he watched her spinning around in the grassy field enjoying the beautiful windy summer weather on the cape. Her white, lacy sundress flowed along with the wind. Her smile never faded and her eyes were always filled with happiness.

"Yes, Fallen," she continued to grin and pranced over to him, "what is it?"

"What is the source of your happiness?" His eyes pleaded with curiosity.

"The source of my happiness?" She paused, thoughtfully. "I'm not really sure. I suppose my happiness is just a well of stored up days like this, wonderful stories heard," she began spinning and dancing again, "good lessons learned, praise for things done right, love from loved ones, friendship with wonderful people like you, gifts given and received, treasures found, being under the rain, and warm embraces. But probably most of all," she called and sang out the words, "Most of all, it's the bottled warmth, joy and happiness of the sunlight!"

That's right, Fallen thought. That's what she was like. She was like the warm, gentle rays of the sun. She radiated like sunlight, spreading joy and love wherever she went. Alanova was the source of his happiness. Alanova was his sunlight.

Last edited by heartages; 11-18-2009 at 08:30 PM..