View Single Post
heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-20-2009, 05:53 AM

[022.] In Which Gallagher is Challenged by Technology

Amused, Edeline watched as Gallagher circled the machine over and over. "It's not that difficult to figure out, Gallagher," she smiled and walked over to give a demonstration. "You just flip this switch to turn it on and use the keys to input a command." She typed 'Transport Leather,' then the machine formulated the material.

As Edeline took the leather strap and began to stitch into it, Gallagher gaped at the machine. "What kind of sorcery is this?!" He cried. Then, he began poking and pecking at the machine and keys. Edeline smiled at his fascination, but kept her attention affixed on her stitching.

"What's wrong with this thing?" Gallagher asked. "It's not working!"

"It turns off as a safety precaution after each use. Did you turn it back on?" Edeline didn't look up.

"Uuhh..." Gallagher laughed sheepishly, then flipped the power switch. After a few more moments the machine made some clicking sounds and then shut back off. He started to ask another question, but Edeline spoke before he could.

"Did you happen to press the blue button?" she asked.

"Uh, yes?" Gallagher was unsure.

"It is clearly labeled 'restart,' silly," she continued to stitch.

"Uh... um..." Gallagher looked over the keys again. "So which button do I press to enter a command?"

"The key that is labeled 'enter,'" Edeline replied.

"Oh," Gallagher sounded hesitant, "of course," but his curiosity outweighed his hesitance. Gallagher tried again and failed again.

"Did you enter a proper command?" Edeline asked.

"I thought I did," Gallagher was beginning to get frustrated. "Let me try again."

He failed several other times before he shouted out in frustration, "What is a proper command?!"

"What are you asking the machine to do?" Edeline put down her work and joined him.

"I wanted some meat or something else to eat," Gallagher pouted. Edeline stared at him blankly for a moment before she busted out into laughter in his face.

"Sweetheart," she fought back more laughter, "did you think it created things out of thin air?" Gallagher nodded, looking like a disappointed child. "I'm afraid it only transports items from this list to the workshop," she pointed at the list pasted to the machine's side. "I could have sworn Meryl explained that!" Edeline continued to laugh while poor Gallagher continued to pout, disappointed in the technology.

(LOL this is a horrendous example of Gallagher's technology-challenged self. He really, really is technologically challenged, which, if and when I write this story, there will be plenty of prime examples of)

Last edited by heartages; 12-14-2009 at 08:09 PM..