View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 AM

Dodging the push sloppily due to surprise, Beth thought, "You're pretty good. I didn't actually believe that you'd sense me." To avoid angering him too much further as she sensed him near, she withdrew back to her undetectable state as she felt him head towards her. Unbeknownst to him, however, was that she allowed him to find her by removing her psychic shadow. He got the last laugh when he shoved her up to the wall though. "You don't have to be such a jerk!" she hollered at him after he had left. "And I'd love to see you try!" followed shortly after, directed with a dagger-like stabbing towards his mind.

Stalking away and mumbling under her breath, Beth did eventually come across the library. The building was massive and full of dusty old books. At first glance, it seemed highly unlikely to carry the type of books that she loved, namely manga and fantasy stories involving knights, wizards, and fair maidens, though she would never admit any of that to anyone. Pursing her lips, she began to search, looking at row upon row upon row of tomes. Some of them were bigger than her head, while others were small enough to disappear between the books juxtaposed to it.

Eventually though, she did find a section for fictional works, surprising her with the modern feel of that particular section. Apparently the Academy was much older than she had originally expected. She picked through the titles tediously, discounting those that she had already read for the most part before she picked out a volume she hadn't read and curled up in the couch nearby to browse it. The size of the selection was actually rather impressive, even to Beth's inherent cynicism. Being so far into the building was also a positive, as it meant taht few would actually see her reading such things.