View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 09-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Clashing of Wills

Private for Kiyoto and Arc Angel

Akio Yukimura

Profile can be found here. For the purpose of this rp, his age is Eighteen instead of Seventeen.

Are you sure this is wise my prince?” asked one of the guards as Akio finished placing a few items into a bag. Akio had recently joined the Order of Eternia, a group of samurai who had been around as long as the kingdom itself. Their purpose was to defend it and keep balance within the realm. Man was at war at the moment, with demons and caught in the middle of their escapades with celestial beings.

Akio’s father was the current king of Eternia, which by blood and family ties, made Akio prince. Ever since he could remember, he had always felt out of place merely acting as a prince. To be seen and not heard was his life, following his father’s word and doing what he was told to do. He was sheltered behind these stone walls, kept safe while at the same time being kept from doing any damage as his father might think. For Akio was more like his mother than his father.

He did not believe in some of the things his father did, but he had never been in a position to simply speak out or go against him. Not until he had finally stepped up for a dream he believed in with all his heart. Akio wanted to be a samurai, ever since he was young and had watched them from the castle. The castle was after all close to the monastery where the samurai lived and trained. He had pushed against his father’s forbiddance of the idea, and made a deal.

He had a year to prove this was not a foolish endeavor, or he would quit and submit to the life his father planned for him. Though that was not something he wanted to ever happen. He did not merely wish to be a face, the perfect obedient son and king when he took over, what would ever happen if his father passed? He did not hate his father in the least, things between them were a bit…strained however. The current situation was not helping things either.

Akio was taking part of a mission outside of the kingdom’s reaches. He had been on a few missions, but all of them were within the homeland. This time however, he would be stepping outside of it. This meant his power and pull as prince would have less affect, and he would be putting himself out in danger to possible harm’s way. Turning to look at the guard standing there, Akio gave a warm smile, before he moved to finish dressing. “I will be fine, there is no need to worry about what will happen” he picked up the blue coat that went with the traditional uniform.

Besides, I will not be alone, the masters will be there, and other prentices as well…and the guard’s father insists on sticking me with as well...” he slipped it on, before tying into place a yellow scarf around his neck. The guard sighed, shifting his weight a bit on his feet. “Still” he protested, “the demons have been more active as of late…it is more dangerous for you to be out now in the open than ever.” Akio turned to look at him, “do you not trust me? Or the Order?

The guard sighed, “of course I do my prince...” Akio moved over to him, “thank you…you have always been there for me and kinder to me than many of the other guards, I understand and appreciate that you care and are worried about me.” The guard stood up a little straighter, “just promise me you will be on guard and take care of yourself.” Akio smiled and nodded, “I will…

All that was left was to pull on his boots, before he grabbed his bag and made his way to the meeting place. Horses had been set up, the others finishing up getting ready to go. As Akio approached, one of the masters stepped forward. He was an older man, with gray hair and beard. His eyes colder gray, as he fixed them sternly on Akio. “Are you ready prentice?” Akio placed his feet together, his right hand over his heart in the typical standing at the ready move he had been trained to do to show respect and reorganization of authority. “Yes sir, everything is in order” he said.

The man silently watched him, before another man walked over. “Let him be Hope, the kid is ready” the man said chuckling, he had brown hair and warmer green eyes. The master named Hope shook his head, before turning away to go back to his own work. Akio let out a breath, “thank you sir Pheles...” The man who had come to his aid clapped a hand onto his back. “Don’t let him get to you, he is merely stiff in his old ways, he agrees with your father is all” he nudged him forward, “best be getting ready.”

Moments later Hope confirmed these words, telling them that they were heading out. Akio mounted his horse, before following the line out into the land. The trip took the course of three days, three days of mostly silence. A few people spoke and tried to make the best of it, but often were quieted and given a stern look by Hope. Akio was happy to be out on the land, being able to see the world and the various people they passed. Many waved and gave them gifts of food or other things, to show their love and respect for the samurai.

They were notorious throughout the land, held in high regards, which was one of the reasons they had to be careful about how they came off as Hope said. It would be bad for them to tarnish the name of the Order with foolish antics and the like. Akio kept on his guard as well, the further out they got. The land changed a bit and seemed to get darker. Demons were more likely to be seen around here and to attack. So far however, they had not run into any of them.

For that, he was glad. He had only ever fought weaker demons, ones in training, or who were foolish enough to try and gain their way into Eternia. He had never been in a full on fight before, so this was an added disadvantage to him being here. Then again, if he never branched out and gained experience, he would never become the samurai that he wanted to be. By that night, they had made camp and the sky had grown darker. There were a few men on watch, while others made food or spoke. Akio took the time to read as he usually did.

He had brought with him a few books to keep him busy. His heart and stomach were not at ease though, for the next day they were to engage their mission. He glanced up at the mountains in the distance, but the darkness made it harder to see anything. He wondered what the mission would hold exactly. Moments later, one of the guard’s horns were blaring off in the distance. Akio stood and froze, the horn being sounded by a guard only meant one thing…there were demons. His mind went through protocol, his hand to his hip, where a blade sat.

Hope was giving orders, telling them to make their ranks. Akio took a breath and moved to where he was meant to, as snarling and growling met his ears. Moments later, a horde of what looked like zombie dogs was on them. A fight broke out, and Akio moved into action as well. It all felt surreal, like it was out of body. He knew the motions and had the skill, but for his first battle, it felt almost as if in a sense it was not him. His eyes caught the sight of something strange, a dark purple fog was beginning to roll in at their feet.

His eyes went to Hope, but the other was too far away. This was a demon’s doing, the fog rolling in soon covered around them. Akio felt the ability to breathe getting harder. The smoke burning his senses a bit. The world around him seemed to slow down, the people and noises fading away. His blade slipped from his hand, as a hand went to his head. It felt like it was swimming, the world around him spinning.

He tried to focus, but the more he fought it, the worse it seemed to get. How could he have been so foolish, he was trained for this kind of thing. He could not let them down…like ….this…. His mind registered he was on the ground, his body unable to move, eyes on the sky above. He could vaguely make out a ball of light within the sky above, before everything went black.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 10-04-2014 at 06:14 PM..