View Single Post
For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-25-2016, 01:41 AM

Better yet, sports anime often puts boys in pairs for you. Prince of Tennis had all those "doubles partners".

Only so many titles can be gold. And as I've gotten older, the tired tropes like "no means yes" and "rape is love" sort of thing that is weirdly popular in yaoi just turn me right off. And that's a lot of what gets animated over some of the better, less problematic titles.

It was wasn't it? :D Did you watch any of the other shorts from the Kono Danshi series? This Boy is turning to Crystal was my other favorite, even though it didn't get as much time to really develop.

I feel like once you set the stage for them to be related, it makes it a little incesty even if they're not actually related. I'll still watch it, but that's another damn trope I get tired of. "I'm in love with my wonderful big/little brother/cousin/insert male relative." Can you please stop with that weird hero worship sibling love? After a while, my suspension of disbelief for those sort of scenarios deteriorates.