View Single Post
Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 AM

Omg Audrey Horne is just a tawdry, spoiled slut. I'll believe nothing else than that until my dying day!

Big Love is about polygamy - the show centers around a Mormon man and his three wives. It can come off very hokey/paternalistic at points, but there's a lot of interesting plot lines and a lot of internal critiques that result from the three women sharing their lives so closely and intimately. I think it does a good job of balancing the fact that they're ass-deep in patriarchal religious bullshit, and that most of the wives were raised in that sort of reality, while also giving them each a fairly autonomous and divergent storyline. Idk, it's solid.

What's-her-face Amanda Seyfried (I'll always think of her as "the daughter in Mamma Mia") got her start in the show as one of the daughters.

I watch a lot of TV, especially cuz I'm unemployed at the moment. I love TV dramas especially, the kind with antiheros, aka pretty much anything on HBO. I don't do True Blood/Game of Thrones/stuff like that, though. I read enough science fiction and fantasy. Watching it just seems like a lamer option. D: