View Single Post
Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 11-15-2014, 08:13 AM

So we had another weekend up at the farm and it was a mates bday and possibly my last boys weekend up there if this job comes through... So I decided it should be a big one and go out with a bang... Yeah, that was a REALLY dumb idea. Even in our little spot we have for my special toys to contain the blasts, I still very nearly started a bush fire. It was WAAAAAYYYYY drier than we thought and shit caught on fire REALLY easy. After we'd finished madly putting out the fire, all the toys I had planned to use were put away.

We did a bit of shooting too while we were there, and it turns out, I've still got the eye! It surprises me every time I actually shoot, because its so long between it happening that I feel like my natural skills are disappearing, and then I surprise myself! 4 shots, 4 hits and 3 kills, all in the space of about 20 sec I think. One of which was even a head shot, and the rest were clean kills too.

On another note, there were infinity bugs up there. Yes, infinity bugs. The whole way there (about an hour drive) they were constantly hitting the windscreen. I cleaned it before I left, and now it looks dirtier than it was before I cleaned it! They were so thick up at the farm that we set up a light to try and draw them away from us, and left that going all night! Even so, they were EVERYWHERE!

I also decided that I wanted to take one of the quad bikes we had up there for a bit of a run up and down the dirt road. After standing up for a while whilst driving in the dark, feeling almost like I was flying... I have to get my fucking motorbike licence already!