View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 AM

Hearing that his chambers had been to his liking, Dorian nodded thoughtfully. He had kept them simple, unprepared for his stay, really. It had only occurred to the demon to allow his house guest out of the cage of his dungeon and give him the guest bedroom as he had ascertained Akio's sure will on staying. Rather, when he had given his word that he'd stay after Dorian had placed a cursed mark on his superior. Thinking of such man, Dorian wondered how far his journey had taken him. He had approximated about three days for him to ride back, but would he not move with more haste than normal?

He was stirred from these thoughts as he caught the other's reply to his question, leading something of a playful smile to Dorian's face. "Too young? A samurai ages much more quickly than other men, you realize." He spoke calmly, voice maintaining a pleasant scale instead of dipping into amusement here. He meant not to threaten or mock, but instead simply stated what he felt to be true. Those on the battlefields did indeed live much shorter lives. It was a curious thing to chose for oneself, especially while viewing yourself to be too young to yet drink. Nevertheless, Dorian carefully tilted a glass decanter to pour a rich pink fluid into the glass he'd taken from Akio's place. "Pomegranate juice it is." He spoke simply, turning to face the man as he carefully set the full glass on the table before him before reseating himself.

Lounging in his chair at the head of the table, Dorian crossed his legs before him as he met the other's question. His eyes widened a tad at it, unsure of what he had meant. Did he wish to know if he was up for more interrogation of sorts? Did he want Dorian out of his pretty hair? Tapping a gloved finger to his face at the short explanation of sorts he offered a few moments later, he let out a soft sigh. "I will not be busy until later in the afternoon. I expect a few war generals to be in for some discussion." He replied shortly, curious gaze focusing in on the other man as he tried to discern what curiosity he could hold in the artwork. There wasn't truly much behind most of it. "If you'd like, I will explain what questions you have of it. We can go do such after breakfast." He replied smoothly, meaning it as more of an offer, though his tone came out a bit flat. His mind was too busy to properly address the other, too confused by what Akio would be thinking. What a strange human specimen.

Then, thoughtful once more as he thought of other work he may need to accomplish yet, he decided to go ahead and allow the other the knowledge. It couldn't hurt for him to be made aware. "Tonight, I am also expecting my supervisor to come by. Tomorrow, we three are to visit the court." He spoke calmly enough, though his gaze remained yet on Akio. What he would think of such news, Dorian was itching to know. Setting foot in a court of demons was unheard of for mortals; Akio would be the first in history to do so, and only upon Dorian's request that he bring him along. He felt it important that he not travel far without keeping tabs on him, after all, and the court was quite a trip.

Before long, a servant came out with a tray of freshly-cooked, aromatic food. He had upon it piled biscuits and eggs, toast and jams, even a bit of baked ham off to the side. Carefully, he worked to set this out for the young man as Dorian looked over his own plate with disinterest. He had been served similarly, though in smaller portions. He couldn't stomach that much food anymore. At least, not without ruing himself for clinging to that human of a prospect, anyways.

"You are free to do so, of course. My guests and I shall be meeting here. You may even accompany us, if you'd like, though I would advise against it." Dorian again spoke his mind with a sort of sympathy that he hadn't wished to show. His superiors were harsh indeed, and would not be against harming the young man in any way they found fitting. Dorian was granted custody of him, but they would not hesitate to do such. It was only natural to expect this.