View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-14-2016, 12:19 AM

Clark needed some fresh air again, maybe being cooped up in a room for so long wasn't good for either his or her health. They're practically at their wits' end with each other, and it was only a day since she got on their ship. The serving girl seemed to be doing alright, Davey accompanying her at times when she needed him. That seemed a little bit suspicious, if not dangerous. Maybe there was a truth to the whole belief that women are bad luck on pirate ships. He needed all the luck he could get to get through this.

Barclay ended up in step with him, as the rest of the crew lazily piloted the ship. There wasn't much to do on the sea during times like this, the ocean was basically bare save for a few clouds on the horizon. "Captain, a storm a-coming. Pro'lly will take us a while longer to get to 'at port." His words seemed to pass over him, eliciting a simple nod. Clark shook his head. "Tighten down on supplies for now, as we won't know how much we have left." Barclay shrugged. "We got 'em supplies from the royal ship, I don't see why we 'ave to worry." The nonchalance made Clark stop in his tracks. "We won't know how much we have left," he repeated. As Clark went about the rest of his duties, trying to clear his mind of the princess, Davey trailed after her as she searched for what chest she wanted to find.

Davey wasn't sure if she was allowed to be out of the captain's quarters, but it would be better for her to be looked over than just left alone on a ship with the rest of the crew milling about.

Ariel paused, pondering over the question. "I wouldn't know... it seems as if she's not doing as well as I thought." She couldn't blame her; the captain had downed the ship before the princess could ever retrieve her jewels that the crew obviously failed to find, and her cat. The car was just so young. The princess was too young to see destruction this close, but isn't that how the world was? One death after another? After a moment, she pushed the plate away and shook her head.

"I feel responsible." She looked at the bottle of ale, mulled over her choices, and uncorked the bottle anyway. After taking a swig, she continued, "I didn't tell her that I would be there for her. She probably feels alone on this ship. I should've told her more clearly that I was still on her side despite all...this." Ariel's voice cracked as she finished off, taking another gulp from the bottle. The ale wasn't getting to her yet, a little worrying considering this was supposed to be one of the better bottles. She paused on her words a bit; did she mean what she said? A sudden feeling of anxiety on whether she was genuine or not earned her another gulp from the bottle without another thought. She soon felt a hit on her senses. 'Ah...there it is.' She was almost comforted by the feeling, not thinking about whether Gerard would take advantage of her or what.