View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 AM

"Oh, they're spoiled rotten, all right." Bran grinned at the two dogs now snoozing comfortably on the couch. The plump Welsh Corgi slumbered on his back with all four paws in the air. "Spoiled rotten by Edgar, that is." "You spoil them, as well." Edgar arched a single eyebrow. "With long hours in the...d-o-g p-a-r-k." He spelled the words 'dog park' out loud, simply because he knew for a fact that the two dogs would recognize them. They were already at the dog park today, and Edgar didn't want to give them false hope. That was just plain cruel.

Edgar's eyebrows furrowed together when Yuuichi mentioned a Doctor Red. He said nothing for a moment, chewing his mouthful of casserole thoughtfully. When he finally swallowed, he gave the other male a sage nod. "The name sounds vaguely familiar. I'm unsure if I've actually corresponded with him, though. Perhaps once or twice." He twitched all of a sudden and glanced up toward the ceiling, eyes darting from one of the red hanging lamps to the other, and then back again.

"...Oh, that's right." ...It was almost as if he was speaking to someone. Someone they couldn't see. "I did handle a case for him a couple of months ago. Some obscure case that he and his team could not solve. I tossed out the diagnosis of Angiostrongyliasis, caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. Or, in layman's terms...the rare rat lungworm." He shrugged absently. "A tip for you--if you ever visit Hawaii, do not consume produce that has not been thoroughly washed." Edgar was fascinated by parasites and the parasitic infections they imposed on human beings. Whenever the local hospitals suspected they might have a victim of a parasite under their care, they usually gave Edgar a ring to ask for his opinion.

Bran only smiled when Matthew went on to promise he would make amazing coffee for them. He was very picky with coffee products...simply because he couldn't stand the taste of coffee. If he were to drink a coffee product, it had to taste like something else. Edgar, on the other hand, enjoyed coffee of all kinds. The more caffeine it had, the better it was. "Good. I'm a safe biker, so nothing should go wrong. You just have to wear a helmet at all times. No exceptions." The law here didn't prohibit motorcyclists from biking without a helmet, but Bran wouldn't allow anyone to ride along with him if they weren't wearing one.

The $3,200 a month only included the cost of rent. The cost of the utilities, like electricity and water, weren't included in that, and the Royce brothers didn't bother bringing it up. They had no problem taking care of that themselves. They also haggled the original rent price down a thousand dollars from the get-go. It cost quite a bit to get groceries, as well. If they hadn't initially haggled to get the price lower, their rent would be well around $5,500 a month. Add the utilities, the hefty grocery bills--Edgar would only purchase the highest-quality food--and the steady stream of video games that Edgar insisted on buying, and their cost of living per month would be about $6,000. Maybe a little more. Thankfully, it was a little less than that thanks to Edgar's great haggling skills!

"Edgar likes to shop for groceries," Bran piped up immediately. "You could help him out. We don't know what you guys like yet." The two brothers gave each other a knowing look before they both offered a hand, intending to shake both of the hands of their new roommates. "Any time. We can even help you cart your stuff here. Edgar's pretty busy with schoolwork, so he might not be free...but more than likely, I'll be free." There was never a moment where Edgar stopped. He was always doing something, whether it was school-related or recreational. "We will have two extra keys made by tomorrow morning," Edgar promised, nodding once.