View Single Post
K-chan10307
Resident Nom-er >:D
Send a message via MSN to K-chan10307

Old 07-13-2014, 05:43 AM

It didn’t feel like any time had passed when Melanie opened her eyes. Her body was still exhausted and for a moment, her mind protested even trying to wake up. It was only the understanding that she was not on a very comfortable bed that made her fully focus her mind on being conscious. She knew she didn’t sleep too much, but the sun was already prepared to make its way across the sky, so she knew she at least slept for a while. Melanie stood up and stretched, feeling the popping of her bones and her muscles relaxing.

She turned and saw Eltiask in the control room before registering where they were. She was so close to home. She shut her eyes and inhaled the crisp air into her lungs, loving how it cooled her. She bumbled her way to the controls. “Good morning,” she said softly, trying to erase memories of the previous night from existence. “Welcome to Washington…waters.” She scanned the shoreline, wondering just how they were going to get off the water. While her property did stretch through the woods and onto the coast, she had never looked at it from the perspective she was seeing now. Her only hope was…there.

Melanie’s eyes lit up as she pointed to the docks of the very small town she lived on the edge of. There was a giant flag coming from one of the fishing warehouses, baring the company’s logo in a bright red. “I live in that town,” she informed. “How lucky are we? You should pull into the docks. From the looks of the sky, it’s too early for ships to be arriving or any of the shops in that area to be opening. We can get there relatively unnoticed. I parked at the bus station—it’s only a five minute walk. We can drive up to my place. You can regroup there and have a nice place to sleep in before going off. That’ll be my thank you for getting me home.”

She changed her posture, shifting her feet so they would fully support her. Her eyes became amber as she masked the boat and the two of them on there. “That’ll definitely make it harder for others to notice us.”