Thread: Remaking Love
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 AM

After leaving Alois, taking Samuel's wheelchair with her in the back seat, Jasmine returned to the compound. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her face was set in a stony determination as she studied the round womb-like pod Samuel was in. There were no marks on his body, nothing that wasn't there in his life. There were more human cells than inorganic, and since the introduction of his DNA, the fluid in the pod had begun altering his cells to accept the DNA change. Nothing would be programmed in via computer, except a memory for the blank space Sam would have had during his absence. His black hair floated almost serenely around his head, his body curled modestly around the tube attached to his navel. His wheelchair sat against a table behind Jasmine, who suddenly realized she wasn't alone. Turning, she found Adam.

"Hey, everything okay?" He approached almost cautiously, sliding an arm around her shoulders. Jasmine softened at the touch and sighed, nodding.

"I helped Alois clean up. Got the yard fixed and the garden made up the way Sam keeps it. God, you should've seen it..." She shook her head, breathing in carefully. "Um... Well... I'll wake him up soon... Tomorrow... It's..." Her voice faltered and she angrily swiped at her eyes, earning a squeeze and light kiss from Adam. "It's... almost too much. I can't imagine how Al feels. God, I hope... I hope it's gonna be okay for him. This... It's Sam, you see?" She pointed, but the form didn't respond. "It's... Sam."

Adam was silent, nodding but not saying anything. Jasmine lowered her head, but didn't allow herself to be taken away. Even when Adam mentioned finding Bernard and helping with the memory filling, she barely heard him. But she was sure he stood there with her for hours.