View Single Post
Love Moose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-05-2016, 05:20 PM

Violet cheerfully mixed the power and water together in a skillet over the fire, making prison style scrambled eggs. Andrew seemed to be the most interested in what she was cooking, Alan and Daryl both heading out of the barn to do their own thing.

"You know..." Violet began, her tone a bit shy and nervous. "I was thinking...We could all travel together if you guys would be willing. It's just been Daryl and I for a while now and we could use some extra company." And protection Violet thought, though she omitted that part out loud. She wasn't particularly strong and Daryl wasn't exactly a very manly man. He seemed to be tired and grouchy all the time and having a handsome, friendly, man like Andrew around was a highly appealing change of pace.

---

Daryl bathed himself and changed, feeling like a new person now that he was clean. He headed back to the barn, thinking about their new company. Surely they'd be on their own way today, right? There was a small part of him that was glad it wasn't just him and Violet anymore. They'd been vulnerable on their own, but at the same time, there was no telling if Alan and Andrew would turn on them. After all, people had been hostile before, but now that the world had come seemingly to an end, that hostility was magnified. Everyone looked after themselves and their own groups now a days.

On the way back to the barn, Daryl caught sight of Alan who appeared to be working on his truck.

"You want some help?" Daryl offered, making an attempt to be friendly, but his tone suggested he was still a bit suspicious and untrusting. "I don't know nothin' bout cars, but if you tell me what to do, I'm pretty good 'bout following directions..." Admittedly, Daryl'd never even really looked under the hood of a vehicle before. Growing up a girl, his brother (who'd practically raised him) hadn't seen the point in teaching him such a thing. He'd never even learned to change a tire, which could prove an issue if Violet's van ever had any trouble. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from Alan. He couldn't be all bad if he hadn't attacked them in the night. Perhaps a little trust would be ok for now.