View Single Post
shatteredarchivist
Days without incident: 0

Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 PM

"Right, right." Khadri raised his head and smiled broadly at Kalia. "I'm getting ahead of myself. I still... I still need to find my own place and... and things before I can even think to help others. But still... Having a goal is what matters in the end. A place to start..." Khadri's shoulders slumped, but he remained sitting upright. "Being proactive in this isn't getting me anywhere fast anyway. It's been weeks, but all we've managed to do was... that." He nodded to the stern, which faced unerringly toward Oerth, where he had knowingly directed his unaware crew in the slaughter of tens, dozens, perhaps hundreds of orcs with a uncontrolled sphere of annihilation. He could only comfort himself in the fact that when he scanned the area, each of the residents pinged as evil in nature.

Khadri scratched his chin and coughed, the light stubble that covered the lower half of his face pricking against his fingers. "But we all have to start somewhere. And it's best to be on the neogis' good side, even if it is only one." Of course, Khadri had only read about neogi in books and studied them briefly in lecture. Even then, his education had come from the Thayan wizards, as xenophobic as they were. "They are dangerous, but they pay well. 2,000 gold for a week's worth of sitting around on the ship and two hours worth of... work is much, overall, when viewed objectively, better and, well, I was going to say less dangerous, but I don't think that applies when orcs are compared to dire rats... But... You can blame me for that deception. I... I won't blame you for it."