Thread: Living on Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-12-2018, 05:34 PM

This wasn't fair. Jamie promised to spend the whole weekend with Bane, but he found himself stuck at the kitchen counter, spinning a pencil on top of a half finished study guide. He already read over every word a hundred times, but he couldn't concentrate on it enough to answer the questions. Ever since he came home Friday night, he couldn't get a single moment of peace. His parent's watched him like a hawk and wasn't allowed to spend time in his room with the door closed. This had to be a crime right? He wanted to see Bane. He wanted to give Raven so many hugs. The key burned against his skin where he tied it around his neck. At least his parent's hadn't noticed that, but what good was it if he couldn't slip away?

Finally, a shrill barking broke the house's silence. Jamie looked up to see his mother’s papillon sitting in front of the door, looking more than a little upset. No one got up in response, even when the little dog began to claw which seemed like a pretty terrible thing for the door’s wood surface.

“Jamie! I’m stuck on this phone call, dear. Could you take Leslie out for a minute? She just needs to pee right?” His mom called, her head stuck out from study room. Jamie set his pencil down, eyeing the dog and its leash hung next to the door. Just a minute? Honestly, his mom hadn’t walked the dog since yesterday so he should feel sorry for the thing even if it was a spoiled, ill-mannered thing. At least the papillon looked cute.

“Right! I’ll be back in ten, then. Or so…” he added under his breath. Putting on his shoes, he grabbed the leash and a minute later, was out the door with the dog trotting at his feet. In his other hand, he held his phone as he typed out a quick text to Bane.

'Meet me at the park?’