Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Jayde's breath caught in his throat, only pushed out because of the smoke coursing through his lungs. He hadn't been aware that he smiled at all. But even something as small as that had charmed the other man? He supposed...that the calm innocence that Harlan always instilled in him after their meetings had managed to seep under his own skin as well. He just didn't think he'd let enough of himself shine through to where Harlan could see it.

"Even so..." He shook his head. "I won't lie and say I'm not worried or trying to protect you. These have all been my own selfish desires though. My desire to be with someone. My desire to protect them. However, that doesn't change any of the facts. You don't know me and it's impossible for you to. If we continue to meet up, won't you just end up in pain?"

~~

Axel dragged in a deep breath. Okay, that was a bad idea. It smelled like death in the alley and it was a wonder that no one poked their head in to see what was going on. Or maybe this just wasn't the kind of club people did that at, too concerned with their own selves. Axel wasn't sure that made him feel better or not about his situation. He stared at Fane, then finally cracked the smallest of smiles.

"Sorry, no crazy demands. I just want you to stop talking so cheesy and take me home." Despite his words, his tone was soft and not at all harsh or arrogant like it usually was. It hadn't even been a poor attempt at sounding like himself and Axel found that it was fine. At least right now, it was fine to sound real.