View Single Post
JediMercJeff
Jedi Mercenary... Returned from the "Wars"...

Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM

The suggestion the young woman had made was completely foreign and completely ingenious at the same time to him. Allistar's mechanically-intuitive mind immediately took the idea apart like a mechanical schematic, dissecting the possibilities, how it would work...

"You mean like a... A psychic battery of some sort?" he mused to himself, glancing over at her. "I don't know if you could see what I was thinking there... I think in mechanical terms and pictures a lot... Can usually put together some really cool stuff from scrap and junk. How I built the devices to try and help me hone my shielding power." He never felt this comfortable 'talking' to someone about his power, his mind, the way he worked and ticked. It was oddly, but welcomely, liberating.

"I'll honestly say I've never had the opportunity to have anyone help me with my ability, so I don't know if what you're suggesting would work or not. But... I'd be willing to try anything once." Allistar then listened as she talked about her own powers, and he felt very sympathetic towards her. He imagined it would be like everyone having a literal open book of their lives hanging from them at all times. He then realized something, and he turned a light shade of red at that realization.

"You know, speaking of..." he paused, vaguely embarrassed, "I'm sure you know my name, but... I just realized I don't know yours. So... To not be rude and actually have a formal introduction... Hi, I'm Allistar." He grinned outwardly through his blush, turning his attention momentarily back to his notes, scribbling a few things down.

"I might have to take you up in that shielding thing," he thought with a smile. "I can see a skill like that being intricately useful here. I mean, not that I want to shut you out of my head or anything..." Allistar trailed off, now embarrassed again, hoping he didn't offend her. "I mean, you're very kind, and I certainly don't mind talking to you in the slightest... Or thinking to you, rather... Or..." He groaned quietly to himself. He was never very good at talking to the sweet and kind girls. Hell, he was so lousy at it, he never got a date all through his time in his regular high school.

He then paled, realizing that the young woman probably knew that now too. He glanced over at her as his face turned a bright red, and he slowly buried his face into his crossed arms on his desk...