View Single Post
JediMercJeff
Jedi Mercenary... Returned from the "Wars"...

Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM

Allistar watched as Beth rubbed her head for a moment, and he grimaced to himself. He knew that look all too well from personal experience.

"Sorry about that," he thought to himself with sincerity as he tried to rein in his thoughts. "That's the same reaction I had the first time it happened to me too." He paused another moment to give her a change to recover, then continued.

"Very early in my life, I suddenly gained a very crystal clear understanding of how mechanical things worked, how they got put together, came apart... Later on, it built into suddenly knowing how to take different things... Scrap metal, random screws and gears, stuff like that... And turn them into something useful. When it first started happening to me, it all happened so fast that it physically hurt. Probably like it did to you just now. I've learned over time to just... Process it at speed. But I'll try to slow it down if you're nearby, so I don't do that to you again." He felt truly bad about the fact he caused her discomfort. He'd have to rein himself in somehow, especially if they were going to be working together. He definitely didn't want to wreck a chance to work with someone that actually knew about this "psychic stuff". She seemed more than willing to help him, and he knew he could use it.

"I'd be more than happy to work with you as well," Allistar 'said' with a grin. "Like I said, I've never had a chance to work with anyone in this capacity before, so... It'd be an honor." He chuckled, then raised a brow... Did she seriously just 'poke' him with her mind? That's what it 'felt' like... Yet another new experience today. If he kept this rate of 'learning' up, he'd probably not know what to do with it all!

"Sorry again," he chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "I really need to get used to reining myself in, I suppose. Don't need to broadcast stuff that doesn't need to be, or overload people that I actually want to interact with, like yourself." Allistar turned to scribble down a few more notes, then settled back in his seat. He actually felt a little tired suddenly, and he wasn't sure why. It wasn't like he was expending effort or anything, but it felt like those times he'd been practicing with his shield power for an extended period. Allistar shrugged it off as much as he could, and focused back on the professor and the lesson... Though he found himself wondering how long til class was done. Lunch was next, and he could probably use a little pick-me-up...