Thread: The Aeronauts
View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM

"I'm quite unhurt... I'm not certain about you, however." Crispin eyed Spade with some concern. Judging that he was at least able to walk and move about, the smaller man set to collecting his possessions from the thieves. Watches, handkerchief, and wallet went back to their proper pockets, except for the one attached to the net, the spider, and of course the one Spade still held. Thoughtfully unknotting his ascot, Winters decided to gather those in the order that he'd lost them.

The net was bound tightly around the still-cursing leader of the group of thieves, and his struggles didn't make its removal any easier. Finally, Winters knelt on the man's neck to keep him still while he detached the watch from the cords. It came off easily, and he eyed it ruefully. That's going to be a nuisance to re-load... Obviously worth the effort, though... perhaps a reloading mechanism is in order...

Seemingly lost in his musings, he moved to sit near the other thieves as the spider gleefully tied together whatever it could find about their persons. Shoelaces, waistband strings, jacket toggles, all were knotted together into bows, overhands, half hitches, a scout troop's worth of neatly tangled strings. As Crispin sat down the spider just finished binding the dreadlocks of one would-be thief with the cornrows of another. That task complete, it turned around slowly, seeming to look for something. When it was facing Crispin, it scurried toward him on tiny ticking legs and latched onto the dangling ends of his cravat. He chuckled and let it tie the neckpiece before pushing the button that caused it to fold up its legs into the case.

Smiling, he turned to the final watch. "Would it be rude to ask how you came by my watch?"