Thread: Act the Fool
View Single Post
Lilith W
bookworm

Old 04-02-2011, 03:05 AM

ACTING LIKE I CARE

Marina ran towards a town, her long black hair fluttering behind her. She looked back over her shoulder and gazed at the land. Not seeing anyone she turned back to the town. She was almost there, maybe she could hide somewhere within this town. She didn't think she could run anymore. Suddenly she tripped on a stick in the road and tumbled forward. She instinctively threw her work roughened hands forward to catch her fall. She quickly jumped back up knowing she couldn't waste time. She wrenched her skirts back to rights then picked them up and ran very unwomanly like.

She finally reached the town and slowed down letting her skirts drop back into place. Her hands were scrapped up but she would have to deal with it for a moment till she found a place to hide. The person following her couldn't find her. She huffed from the long run. Looking at the buildings with her deep green eyes she tried to reason which would be the best. Finally her eyes stopped on an inn. It was made from a wonderful dark red wood and was three stories. She stopped and looked at it wondering if her pursuer would look here. It would be the first place any normal person would check but that person wasn't normal. And maybe she would get lucky and could get lost amounst the other people.

Her stomach grumbled making up her mind. She looked around once more before quickly running to the door. She stopped suddenly and listened for any sounds of running coming towards her. Finally she placed her hand on the door handle and opened the door. She noticed the warm surroundings and the lovely smell of good food when she heard the noise she least wanted to hear. The sound of running and, "Wait, don't leave me behind!" She whirled around, keeping her hand on the door and it opened, and glared at the horrible man she had been running from. "I told you to leave me alone! I am not going to marry you!" She screamed at the man infront of her then froze. She blushed as she turned and realized the door was still open and anyone inside could, and probably had, heard her shout. She dropped her hand from the doornob and covered her face. Before the door had swung shut she ran inside leaving the poor man outside.