Thread: Soul Notes.
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-09-2016, 12:28 AM

Jacob lifted his nose to the cool night air. He couldn't doubt it anymore. Others of his kind entered the city and he could smell their sickly sweet scent like a decaying flower on the Paris streets. Oh yes, he knew the smell and he knew just what that meant for him. The vampire smiled, his fangs showing against thin, but red lips. The real question here was, just whose side were these newcomers on?

Jumping from the top of the church he stood on, he moved with the wind, looking more like a dark shadow to any who might see him pass. Though the ones likely to be out at this hour already knew of him intimately. Those young men and women of the city who craved the attention of a vampire and stumbled home 'drunk' in the dead of night. They knew his sweetness better than any. Jacob owned this city and everyone in it, human and vampire alike, for he had followers of both kinds. Those that passed into Paris went through him first. And these two would be no different.

Following the scent, Jacob reached the apartment building still reeking of newly spilt blood. Such amateurs. Unnoticed, he slipped into the room where the dead women lay on the floor. He bent down and lifted her hand to his lips. "I hope they thanked you for the lovely meal," he murmured, pressing a kiss to the back of her cold hand. "Forgive me, but I can't indulge further tonight. Otherwise, we might both drown in sweetness forever."

Tasting the skin just slightly, he savored it for a few seconds before setting it back on the floor. Jacob sensed one of the other vampires returning so he slipped back into the shadows, waiting for the newcomer to return. It seemed they would have words before the sun rose yet.