View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-10-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
--Maybe we have some "super posters" that can get an item reward or some mennies bonus buy type stuff earned for making a "super content" thread. (One with substance, mene's strong sense of self, and some room for reasonably open-ended discussion....or something like that - terms to be determined) Or, like the stars people get for Admin's Pick could have another layer added, "This user is an A+ Poster!"
I would love this idea a lot!
I, too, am not an economist, so I really can't say what would make the inflation stay down...

I do think, however, that maybe having more incentive to post would make more newbies stay and get more people interested in posting. Maybe we could have a forum dedicated to something simple like daily questions so that newbies can get used to posting and can slowly introduce themselves to the rest of the community? I feel like right now, when newbies come in, they can be shy and they basically get a welcoming "hello" and then they are turned loose to the rest of the community without a way of getting to know anyone without just randomly posting...

Sometimes a newbie will make their own hangout, but most of the time, people don't post in them because everyone here is already posting in their own hangouts or places where they are familiar... So I think if we had something like a daily question, like, "Who inspired you growing up?" or "What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?" It would make newbies post more and feel more comfortable as well as introduce them to new people without feeling like cast aways.

This might be a stupid idea, but I just thought I'd share it. :)