View Single Post
Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 PM

Remember guys - This is still our first full day of the event! EIs typically don't come out until the second day. We'd certainly let you know if there was a set schedule, but there's no sense in listing a time when it isn't actually set in stone. Don't forget that pixels take time. Especially since the event is coinciding with the release of Feb's second CI, there is a lot of artwork to handle. So you guys can either have shoddy items released quickly, or you can have a high quality end result that takes slightly longer. Rushing such a delicate job never benefited anyone.

And keep in mind from past events - You know that this event will last for 8 days. Typically, we release about 5 EIs. This means that you'll have 1-2 days before the first release so that you can build up a collection of event currency, then 1-2 days after the last release so that you have extra time to buy up everything you want. Timewise, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. You'll have lots of chances to get each of the items.

While you're waiting, spend your time drooling over the new event commons! Our newbie pixelists did such a wonderful job, we haven't had a commons release with this many wonderful items in a long time. I honestly love having such a variety from Demoscout and Maria-Minamino. Wandering through the Special Event Store is still leaving me speechless.