View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 AM

"You should contact me." Edgar seemed absolutely confident about that. "I will set aside a portion of our dinner for you, label it with your name, and store it in the refrigerator." He loved to cook, after all. Cooking for four people rather than only two was going to take some getting used to. He had to readjust his lists of ingredients and everything to make it perfect. "And speaking of dinner...I will text everyone to forewarn them of what I will be making. If it doesn't tickle your fancy, I can whip up something else for you."

Having someone like Edgar around the house, who was almost obsessively clean and loved to slave away over a hot stove all day, was probably a blessing for someone as absentminded as Bran. Yep. His elder brother was like the an utterly perfect housewife.

"I'll wait for you in the morning, then," Bran hummed, clearly addressing Matthew. "It'll take a while with just two of us, but we can get the job done. I'll have to lock Bacon in his travel crate, though. If I don't, he'll try to bolt out the door like the chubby dummy he is." He didn't have to worry about his lax Chaos doing the same thing. Weren't Dobermans supposed to be active and full of energy? The one sleeping on the couch over there certainly wasn't. He looked like more of a couch potato than anything else.

~~~

As promised, Bran was up bright and early to help Matthew move his things into the house. The two of them were no weaklings, but it took quite a while to move everything inside. Hauling heavy pieces of furniture up the delicate glass stairs took some careful and precise maneuvering. If Edgar came home and found even one scuff on those beautiful stairs, Bran was in for a verbal lashing so severe that it would haunt his nightmares for weeks on end. By noon, everything was finally safely inside.

The second floor of the apartment, which the Hugh brothers hadn't gotten a chance to properly see the previous night, was as spacious as the first floor. It led into what looked like another living room...but rather than a regular couch, there was what looked like a cross between a couch and a king-sized bed sitting in front of a massive television--ninety inches or more. It was basically a home theater. Built around the absurdly large television were custom-made black cabinets that housed a wide variety of video game consoles, both old and new, and an even more expansive selection of games in their original cases. The first-floor living room, which featured a much smaller television, was mainly a place to hang out, watch some television, and do your homework. This living room, on the other hand, was definitely a home theater, built for amazing movie-watching and video game-playing experiences.

"Yeah, this is Edgar's set-up, mainly," he declared, hands in his pockets. He was all achy after moving furniture all morning. "He digs video games. He spends most of his time right here, playing games or watching television. Me? I like to watch movies on this bad boy. I was, uh..." Bran scratched the back of his head, looking sheepish. "I was thinking we could all get together and have a movie night tonight. And talk, too. We've got to get to know each other. Edgar should be home, soon...what about your brother? What do you think?" After such a tiring day, laying back and watching movies sounded just divine.

"But first...I guess I should show you the rest of this upper floor, huh?" They only moved furniture and luggage into the two empty bedrooms, so there was definitely more to see.