View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM

Back in his rather quaint apartment, Kynal was peeling away his clothes and hopping in the shower. He also gave the cat its much promised tuna! While showering, he thought of nothing, save for the fact that he earned some good cash. Still, a shudder ran down his spine. Something about today was eating away at him. It was as if he knew something bad was about to happen and he didn't know what.

Out of the shower and freshly dressed, it finally clicked that he left the poor girl out on the steps. Smacking himself in the head, he went to check on her but saw she had left.

"Oh thank god," he mused while looking at his phone. "Come on, Mal, when are you coming home?" A boom of thunder shook the house and Kynal growled. "You're not helping, weather!" With little to do but watch TV, he flopped on the couch and flicked the 40-inch LED Smart TV on. "Boring, boring, boring," he said aloud as he scrolled over titles. Eventually he just quit and started at his phone. Not receiving a text from Malreth was really starting to chip away at Ky's soul. His brother never went this long without giving him a head's up.

"Maybe I should... call him?"

"Ma'am, please calm down. I really don't want to book you." Malreth was doing his best to talk down an irate witness but it seemed hopeless. "Listen, if you keep this up, we'll toss you in a cell. You can bet your ass that he won't get you in here." As she blabbed on, the blonde finally rolled his eyes and walked out on her.

"Lock her up and throw away the keys, please," he stressed as he handed off his files to another officer. "I think I'm going to attempt to head home again. If something serious comes up, you can page me. If not, I'd like to take that vacation day I was promised."

Stepping toward the front of the building, he stopped just in time to catch a flash of lightning. "Whoa, don't want to go outside without you, my friend." Reeling backwards, he grabbed an umbrella and started back out.

"Hey, you want a ride?" A female receptionist who lived just two blocks from him came running at him in ridicuously high heels. "I could drop you off, if you'd prefer."

"Nah, your place works. I'll just have a brisk, 5-minute jog in the rain. Might be nice to soak up some water," he teased.

Following his coworker, he got into her civic and they drove away. "Hey, thanks," he smiled. There relationship was always awkward. Mainly her fault. She tried to kiss him when he was dating a cop in the next city over. Needless to say, the relationship ended between Mal and cop. These two? They tried not to act too awkward so she frequently drove him home in hopes of not tipping the rest of the station off.

"Not a problem," she faked a smile.

Umbrella up and out, Malreth started his hasty walk back to his place. At one point, he even started running but a strange turn of events made him slow to a near-crawl.

"Miss," he held his umbrella out to shield her from the water, "are you okay?" He couldn't help but notice that the raven was crying and bleeding in the middle of the sidewalk. "If you'd like a hot cup of tea and for someone to look at that, my place is just down the way," he gestured back down the path she just came from. "If not, let me call you a cab so you can get back home." It was plainly evident that he was a man of the law for his badge was hanging out from beneath his semi-untucked shirt.