View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 07-07-2015, 09:37 AM

Aria sat quietly while Malreth told her all about Ky's past and his problems with trust. Occasionally, she winced or flinched with the pain of having her wound cleaned out, and when Malreth poured an ointment onto it she had to fight with herself to stop from screaming, or kicking him in the face. She wasn't too sure which one.

"So, he's like with everyone? I haven't offended him or upset him in any way?" Aria asked with slight relief. As Malreth wrapped bandages around her cut, Aria began to ponder. What must that have been like? she thought. It suddenly struck her that she couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have suffered that much betrayal. She had never been that close to anyone that wasn't her parents and she had certainly never been in love with anyone. Apart from that guy from the Supernatural series. Jensen...

Shaking her head back into reality... and making sure she wasn't drooling... Aria nodded as Malreth asked her to try to stand on her leg. "That's great, not too tight and doesn't feel like it might fall off" she smiled as she stood and bent her knee to make sure she could still move her leg. He was good with a first aid kit, that was certain.

"I didn't realise that there was a reason for it, and now that I do, I'll at least be less sarcastic. I might even be nice" she smiled, but there was something hanging over her now. Something she never thought she might feel for another person; Sympathy. There was a brief moment when Ky poked his head around the bathroom door that Aria saw him for something she had previously thought he could never be. She saw him as damaged. And though Malreth was helping him to heal, he still had a way to go before he was himself again. She could relate to that, most definitely.

When she was offered to stay by Malreth, Aria couldn't contain her grin. "I'd love to!" she smiled. "If that's not too much of an intrusion. You've already helped me so much" she added as she regained her composure. Turning with a smile towards Ky, she saw the look on his face and almost burst out laughing. He reminded her of a child that isn't getting it's own way, and she was suddenly brought back to a phrase her mother used to say to her all the time when she was small. "Turn that frown upside down" and Aria had such an urge to repeat it to Kynal. Instead, she beamed a huge grin at him as she shuffled past him through the doorway. "I love buffalo chicken" she giggled as she turned back around to face him. "What are you waiting for? The tea's getting cold" she chuckled repeating his words back to him.

Turning on her heel, Aria made her way back through the apartment only looking back to see if they were following her.