View Single Post
Sun
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 AM

I'm sorry you had such a harsh time. I think your doc was well out of order. I'm really mistrustful of doctors in general myself. All the ones i've seen in recent years are just so rude and presumptuous. One example of things that really ticks me off is this little equation they're so fond of pushing on me:

'Sexually Active + Under 24 = Riddled With STI's'.

Every time i've gone to the doctors for anything since i was 18 they've attempted to push STI tests onto me, even though i knew full well that i had none, they rebuffed my explanation insisting i had chlamydia or something, and often went on to shame me for also not wanting to take the pill...For legitimate medical reasons they won't even confirm are a factor for me. Really gets my goat.

On a weight note, i have the opposite problem. I want my doctors to view me as overweight, so that i can get more help with my PCOS and resulting insulin resistance and hormonal problems which i'm having to self regulate at the moment. They won't have it, because without even bothering to weight check me, or ask me to take of my quite concealing winter coat, they tell me i 'look fine'.