View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-18-2014, 01:31 AM

"Hey!" Onyx smiled at her friend, although there was slight nervous bubble in her. And when she apologized, grey eyes went wide. "I should be the one--" when Becca continued, she stopped and nodded. Without any extra explanations, she understood that there were more people here and blonde was slightly nervous - this simply wasn't the best time and place for long conversations.

She took off her jacket and hung it on coat hanger. Underneath, she wore black shirt with intricate rose bead design across chest that was tucked in dark, simple jeans and sneakers that had similar rose pattern on them - she had drawn it on the shoes herself. Before heading into kitchen, she glanced in mirror besides coat hanger and quickly adjusted shirt's collar. This outfit complimented her body without looking like she was specifically trying to look pretty. Although she clearly had eastern ancestry, her father's European blood showed through in the way her hair curled at humidity and there was nothing she could do about the black, wavy mess on her head right now. Sigh. Hopefully, Matt wouldn't see her like this.

Then she headed to kitchen to say "hi" to whoever was there right now and made Becca uneasy. When she saw that there were both Matt and Aiden, she nearly froze in doorway, though. "Hello," she greeted them, trying her best to sound friendly and even smiling. Something instinctively made her want to chase the man with mismatched eyes away, though. And so much for wishing for Matt to see her in better state.

"So, uh, thanks for taking Becca home," she chirped up, desperately trying to figure something to talk about and amend her rude attitude both previous encounters. But nothing good came to her mind and she looked to Becca for some help. She'd ask what Matt was listening to or how had the research went, but one would make it seem as if she ignored Aiden and the other couldn't be discussed with the other two listening in.

So, she decided to run. Well, not literally, but nearly so. "I'm gonna find Memow now, brought her some things," she awkwardly gestured towards hallway and didn't stick around to hear if anyone might object. God, she hadn't felt so awkward at Becca's for ages. It had been like her second home for so long, it felt awful to feel out of place here. Like someone was robbing her of home or kicking her out. Cause must be Aiden. Or maybe Matt. Or them all. Probably because of herself.

She found black furball in the backyard and picked cat up, hugging tight. "Why am I such a mess?" she asked softly to her pawed friend. "Why do I make everything such a mess?" But she had to get a grip on herself. There was still that talk with Becca, all the apologizing and things.

Last edited by sadrain; 06-24-2014 at 04:58 PM..