View Single Post
Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless your actions see them through...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Kage gasped in an obviouly feigned manner, "You're gonna take over the world love? And why was I not invited to rule as emperor if you will be empress?" He paused for a moment as his comment sunk in, "Alright, alright. . . I'll settle for royal sex slave if emperor is too greedy," he finished with a wink and sly grin. The comfort level between them was dangerous but the man had never had any trouble distinguishing if someone meant him harm, and right now it certainly didn't seem that way to him. Hopefully his instincts were correct. It would be a shame to die at the hands of a woman so beautiful. It would be much better to die in the bed with her. . . The thought made him smile unintentionally.

The raven haired male watched on in amusement as she fumbled her words around looking for the correct term she wished to relay to him, "Yes, he is my master still. I consider myself too young to really be completely free from his lessons, but he insists that he has nothing more to teach me and that I should just go off and experince this life for myself." Kage looked down at his now empty plate and sat his fork down beside it as a hint of sadness was belayed in his eyes, "I've experienced this life. I've made many many mistakes that I can honestly say I'm lucky to have survived." Kage looked up so that he and Faith could make eye contact, "I. . . This life isn't for everyone. It's not for the faint of heart and its not for the mentally weak." He paused for a moment before continuing, "I don't think I fall into either of those categories, but sometimes I wonder what I would've done if I had lived a different life. . ."

After a few silent breaths had passed he smiled, "I know that's not an appropriate thing for an assassin to think, but the one thing I could never bring myself to ask my master was. . . nevermind. This is inappropriate, forgive me." After hearing what she had to say about the party Kage stood up and smiled, "Then I pray to Nysos that young France is an ignorant fool. I hope you spill his blood." Then he walked over to the beautiful young elven woman and placed a parting kiss on her lips, "I have some loose ends that need to be dealt with before Lord Tristan makes an appearance so I shall bid you farewell."

Quickly moving to grab his bag, Kage stopped at the door, "If you need to reach me just a send a message to Lord Tristan's manor by pigeon. It's the safest way to contact me since no one can get to those letters except me." With one last signature grin, he was gone.

It didn't take long for him to arrive at the safehouse where he and Viridiana normally spent a quiet and peaceful night together after missions, though this last one hadn't ended that way. Unlocking the locks as well as disarming the traps and then re-arming them before closing the door, when he turned around something stirred inside him. For some reason now, whenever he saw Vi his chest felt like it would burst and it became hard to breathe. Honestly he didn't know what to say or if he should even say anything at all. They had been around each other for so long it would be foolish for him to believe that if he lied to her she wouldn't know, and something in him just didn't want to hurt her. . .

Nysos, what do you suggest?

Last edited by Marsyas; 07-03-2011 at 08:02 AM..