View Single Post
lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM

"Let me help" Dr. Rider suggested, taking the cushion and rocks that Collin had brought back. He arranged them, pushing them into the sand to create a steady prop for May. Will nodded in agreement to Collin, pleased to have him being so actively optimistic and productive. They were going to have to work hard to stay alive on this island.

"You poor thing" Dr. Rider muttered, shaking his head slowly, looking down on May. He offered her some water from his canister, unsure of what else he could possibly do at this moment in time. He racked his brains, remembering all of the equipment and supplies they had on the boat. He knew they had lots of medical supplies, food rations, water, tents. They were so prepared. He spotted a clump of thick waterproof material nearby, despite being ripped, he took it over to Collin to help build the shelter.

Will gave a small worried laugh, his face wincing slightly, "I know, it must be" he said in response to May, expressing her pain, clearly distressed. "But you will still be able to walk eventually, that's the most important thing" he tried to reassure her. He moved closer to her, checking with his hands as gently as he could her other leg, her arms and then her ribs. "Sorry" he interjected, knowing her bruised skin would be sensitive to his touch. Her torn shirt exposed a bruised rib. "It's possible you could have a couple of broken ribs, maybe collarbone, I wouldn't know for sure without x-rays" he explained. "Don't worry, we'll take care of you" Will nodded sincerely.