View Single Post
Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Current day

Cheers Theme Song-- Gary Portnoy

I pushed open the doors to the pub and was greeted by a wall of smiling faces, all craned up to see who was entering.

"Nick! Great to see yah!"
"Nicky boy! Long time no see! Grab a seat!"
"Hey-yah pal! Sorry to hear about that promotion. Next time, next time."

Working my way through the mass of greetings, mumbling and keeping my head down, I grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered a pint. In the background, a non-distinct song with a saxophone played softly over the jukebox speakers.

The guy closest to me who wore a cap low over his eyes clapped me on the shoulders. "Sorry to hear about all the work kerfuffles, Nick pal. I hope Sue doesn't take it too hard either."

My hand griped tight around the cold beer glass. I had been coming to this bar for a few weeks now for no reason other than it was an equidistant walk from work to home. But people here seemed to be a bit too familiar for my liking. Come to think of it...I wasn't entirely sure I even told anyone here my name. A cold panic hit me. And damned if I wasn't quite positive that the exact same people were always he-...

I jumped out of my seat, upsetting the man's hand on my shoulder. I grabbed the stool I was just sitting on and took a swing at him, which neatly severed his head. A metallic grinding noise issued from his now headless shoulders and a smoke began to rise. His face still had a plastered grin on it as the occupants of the pub slowly got up and surrounded me...smiles all around.