View Single Post
Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-04-2015, 03:56 AM

January 20, Tuesday

The last book i read was actually, and i'm a little bit ashamed to say it... was the third book in the fifty shades of grey trilogy. i know, i know, i know what you're thinking, "she's one of those types" well, no, that's not why i read it at all. for starters, i read a lot of books in a lot of different genres and age groups, i just love to read. i suppose a part of me was curious as i didn't know what all the hype was about. i mean, i know sex sells, but could it really be so great? well, it wasn't it was a bit repetitive and the only thing that kept me reading all the way through the third one was i wanted to know more about the leading man's history. blame it on my day job as a person who works with troubled children, and i know not all troubled children turn out this way obviously, but i guess i just wanted to see him 'cured' (for lack of a better term). i wanted to see if he could be a fully functioning human being again after such a childhood. it sort of gives me hope for the kiddos that i work with, that they can make it too. also, after reading this, i am really interested in adopting. some kids have it really hard and wouldn't it be just something special if i could help even one child have a better home life experience. anyways, yea... so who's to say that even the crappy books can't make you think?