View Single Post
Toni
road warrior

Old 05-16-2015, 05:31 AM

Goals: 2015

Read 10 Books
A seemingly small goal, I know, but since I went to college I've all but stopped reading. I mean, it's May and I've only just finished my second book of the year!
Progress: 2/10
Choose A Story And Write It, Dammit!
I've also gotten out of the habit of writing. I have dozens of novel and screenplay ideas dancing around my head, but I have so many issues with choosing one and sticking with it. Lately I've been having panic attacks when I try to write??? That needs to stop.
Progress:
Learn To Drive And Get A Car!
I'm 22 and I don't have my license. Don't judge me. Actually, do. You have every right to judge me.
Progress: Drove in town for the first time and didn't kill anyone. Talking to mom about buying a nice RAV4
Exercise On The Regular And RUN THE PRE NEXT FALL!!!!!
This is a longshot. The Prefontaine is a local cross country event celebrating the late Steve Prefontaine, UO and Olympic athlete. I used to run in high school, but alas I've gained 60 pounds since then and turned to blubber. The Pre is 6 freaking miles long and I can't even run one mile without feeling like I'm going to fall over dead these days.
Progress:
Get A Job!
Need a car to get a job! They're out there but I need transportation!
Progress: Learning to drive, in process of buying a car.
Dare I Say It....? MOVE OUT!!!!!
It's been a trying year for my family and I need some space. This is also sort of an "out there" goal, since I'm going to community college and I don't know if I'll be able to work enough hours to be able to afford an apartment. I won't be able to be completely independent and my parents will still have to pay my insurance and school and whatnot, but we'll see. Not even going to put a progress status on this one.