View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 10-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Dorian looked away from him, and he watched the other curiously. Finally he looked back to the smile, and Akio could see the slight shift within him. It only made his smile warm more. The demon leaned into his hand a bit, as he had with him. He seemed happy and at peace, which made Akio happy and able to relax himself. He knew it was odd, to be relaxed around a demon. All of this was odd, not just being relaxed. He blinked a bit, as he seemed to question him by the word of nothing. He nodded in response, there was no need to ask…as far as he figured. The other seemed slightly surprised at this, which made his own blush threaten to rise once more. The way he looked at him and reguarded him, he could not help but wonder what was going through his head. He did not ask, letting the other go through his thoughts for a moment. He stood there, curious himself about what was going to happen now in the sense of this moment in time, not the future.

When he leaned in for the kiss, Dorian had moved in as well, leaning in to return it of his own will. His fingers on the back of his neck sent a slight chill down his back and over his skin. It was nice, a bit romantic as well in itself. He did not move, looking up at him. He moved their hands to his chest, and for a moment, Akio’s eyes lingered on them. He spoke, the look in his eyes causing Akio to be unable to look away. He would do what he could to deter any harm to him? Akio felt his heart skip a beat, as the warmth inside of him spread even more itself. That had indeed been sweet and kind of him, gaining him another warm smile in return. However, the other seemed to turn a fraction more serious as he began to talk once more. He spoke of the next day, wanting to prepare him for what happened. A slight sigh escaped from his lips, as he nodded in turn to his suggestion. He looked at Akio intensely, and Akio once more kept his eyes on him. He could not hide him, Akio agreed with this.

Sending him home would not stop the war, or stop the demons who wanted to hurt him. It would only seek to make them angry, and his kingdom a target. He spoke that if they went ahead with the trial then, it was more likely more harm would happen. He watched the way he reacted, as he spoke of said harm being distressing. Akio frowned slightly, not liking the way that he seemed to respond to that. It bothered him, Akio could see that. He then lifted their hands again, placing a kiss upon them now. For a moment Akio paused, waiting to see if he was alright. He then spoke, changing the subject to turn them towards the study. Akio caught the sight of servants, and nodded, getting the message. He did not let go of his hand, as he pulled Akio down the hall. He allowed him to lead him in the right direction, watching him from behind as they moved. Dorian then asked what experience he had in the field of trials, before squeezing his hand moments later.

Akio frowned a bit, thinking back to his home. His history in the courts were a bit of a challenge. He was shielded from some of the aspects of Eternia, but at the same time, he was in a sense required to take part. “I have sat in on a few trials, with my father….of course, I was unable to do much more than listen to them” he sighed, “once more, seen and not heard.” His father sitting beside him, would watch the cases and not even glance at him. He remembered one, where it had been a father on trial for murdering his family. Many had been crying, in pain with that case. Akio had glanced to his father, but the other had looked calm and composed as always, as if it had been nothing. The man was either highly composed, or indeed heartless. He hoped that it was in turn more of the first one than the second, though he knew his father had a colder side none the less. Though in court, many would look to him for his thoughts and feelings. He knew how they were shown in turn could be dangerous.

Depending on the court, there are two sides. An accuser and the accused in some cases, the one pressing charges and the one who is being looked over for judgement and punishment” he said, “though this is not always the case.” He slipped into thought, “either with two sides or just the one being punished and judged, it takes place before a judge who in turn has the final ruleing. It can or can not include a jury as well…” He stopped from there, glancing up once more at Dorian’s back with a sigh. “I have seen cases that end both pleasantly and badly…though I have never been the one before the judge….will I be judged this time? For some form of punishment or what to do with me….or merely for answers to what they think they can get from me?” He realized those were in turn questions, but the other seemed to wish to explain despite him telling him there was no need. Either way, they would not break him. His thoughts paused then though.

The other had seemed upset when he had said that the pain of a trial if he ran would be harsher. This entire thing was indeed a darker subject. His hand tightened back on his for a moment, in a more reassuring manner than one out of his own fear or nerves. He took a breath, moving a bit closer to him from behind as they reached the door. A hand gently moving to trail fingertips up Dorian’s back to his shoulder blade, Akio leaned his forehead against his back from behind. “I wish there was an easy answer to this, but we both know that there is not. Things are not going to be easy, and It may very well end in pain and difficulty….if it gets to be to much for you….” He stopped, hesitating with his words. He thought of telling him simply to go, leave him behind or not to worry about saving himself. But he thought that if he had been met with such words himself in Dorian’s position, it might be insulting or cold. He shook his head, “remember that you are not alone” he said instead. “I am here with you…good or bad” he glanced up towards the back of his head.

He then looked down once more. It was not an easy thing to discuss, but the words he spoke just then had been easy to say. He was indeed here for the other, in good and in bad. He knew he was a demon, he knew this was dangerous, and that he was risking quite a lot. But he was still here and willing even now. He knew that the other had had to have seen that by now, he knew that it was eating him up inside on some level, making him want to question it. It was making Akio feel similar. That did not make it any less true. Some things could not always be explained. Some things could not always be so easily brushed off with words or simple ignorance. This was one of those times. He was here, not going anywhere. He knew the danger and risks, but he was looking to push forward anyways, to remain with Dorian. He was not alone, and Akio desired for him to know that. He desired him to believe it and trust in it as well. “If you are unable to find the strength on your own…then lean on me….let me be your strength” he whispered lightly.