View Single Post
Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to explain me~

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM

OOC // Hope no one minds that I'm going to push this along to the next day. I feel like everyone's waiting for food so I thought, since Danny's cooking and all, he would make for an appropriate narrator. If this displeases everyone, I can go back and edit, but I know some people want to get past the first day.

Not actuating taking Meri's kind suggestion to heart, Danny kept by the woman's side, knowing that he should toughen up or end up forever living the life of a foolish emperor.

Arriving when he did, Danny did miss a fair portion of the meat cutting process. Although, he didn't really mind for it was really quite disgusting. Needless to say, with the meat chunked out properly, the redhead (with excellent grace) carried the meat back into the kitchen. He had half expected most of the people to leave, but, apparently, he hadn't been gone as long as he figured.

Ignoring the haughty rude woman from earlier, Daniel stepped behind the counter and scrubbed his hands, ensuring that no grease or grime would taint the red meat that he would soon be preparing.

Some of the kitchen guests had come and gone, and as the day stretched on, it was really beginning to get too crowded in the kitchen. Yes, he was taking a bit longer with the meal than expected, but he didn't have much help - nor did he want it.

Shooing everyone into the dining hall, he asked that they set the table and get the appropriate silverware, plates, and spices out. He gave one of the more friendly-looking women a knife and bread, hoping that she could manage not to completely flatten their only piece of fluffy, white bread.

While in the mist of cooking the meat to his liking - he was smart and prepared all style of rare, medium rare, and well-don - he had went about preparing the dinner salads and sides. Setting a plate of cheese and crackers on the counter, he watched as someone pulled it into the other room, alerting everyone of the little snack.

Still working in the kitchen, which was growing ever hotter, the redhead could feel his forehead grow rather wet. Patting it with his rolled-up sleeves, he bent over the oven to check on the bread. Yes, he had, once again, went to work on the bread making. But, in the other stove rested a different way to prepare the meat. It was almost Thanksgiving-like, only it was venison rather than a turkey. And, no, it wasn't stuffed. The stuffing and sage were just scattered around the meat.

Nose sniffing the food and temperature sticks being used to estimate the remaining cooking time, the Emperor of Valhalla called out to the others.

"I'll need help moving all of this to the table," his voice was pretty much shot at this point. Exhaustion and the heat were definitely getting to him.

Putting the stuffing and venison on the left side, he laid the steak-style venison on the right side. In between the meat trays, he laid out cut green beans that were dressed with almonds and pepper. A bowl of orange-colored squash was laid out and it was coated with brown sugar and honey. A spot of butter could also be spotted. Putting another plate of vegetables out (this one was of mashed potatoes with the skin still in-tact), a smile graced his face.

"Dessert." He had forgotten about that! Whirling around, he withdrew a golden cake from the third oven. Dousing it with powdered sugar, Danny drizzled raspberry syrup over it as well as dropping a few plump raspberries to its side. Not setting that one out just yet, Dan shoved the dessert tray was shoved into the refrigerator for later.

Most of the trays had been taken out, save for one. Scooping up the stuffing-venison experiment, Daniel slumped into the dining hall.

Of course. Everyone was seated, save for him. Smile coming onto his face, for he was all about a good show, he set the hot plate on the side of the table closest to him.

"Hope everything turned out okay. If it was not to your liking, I can always whip up something that better suits your fancy," he said after drawing in a quick breath of air.

Apron coming off and hair being slicked back, the redhead joined those that actually decided to eat at the table.

The meal went by almost too fast. By the time Danny was done with his salad, most everyone was looking for dessert. Crossing his fork and knife over his plate, he rose while draping his napkin over the back of the elegant chair.

Back into the kitchen he went, only this time he came back with a dazzling plate of wonderful smelling cakes. "Enjoy," he said sweeping into a bow.

Rather than going back to the table to sit, Dan began to bring the emptied (or near-emptied) dishes back into the kitchen. There, in the kitchen, he picked at the scraps of food that were left, enjoying the moment alone.

With dinner done and the dishes cleaned, the rest of the evening was left to the young adults. Some went straight to bed while others played around. There were a few that checked on their horses and then there were those that decided it was wise to work out before letting their tired bodies rest.

The sun came all too soon through the windows of those with window-rooms. Those without windows were blessed to not be annoyed by the dancing rays of light that trickled across their faces. Some would probably sleep until lunch, but there was one that was certainly up before the crack of dawn.

Already back in the kitchen, Daniel was being to wonder why he had piped up about being a cook. It was a tedious job and he would never meet anyone if he was always slaving away of the stove.

Razi, the bratty princess from Dalmasca, was up quite early, too. Only, unlike Dan, she was busy working out. Using the tree behind the castle, she was doing pull-ups, working on strengthening her arms.