View Single Post
Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2020, 11:45 PM

3...soon to be 4 mountain counties in Colorado have adopted "No Visitor" orders.
If you don't live in those counties, you can drive through on the main road but don't stop.
If you live in those counties and you leave, you will be expected to self-quarantine for 14 days upon your return.
More than one of these counties have few grocery stores and no hospital...meaning that residents would have to travel many miles...possibly outside their county...to buy essentials.
(The town of South Park is within this county.)
People are starting to worry that they will not be able to have supplies delivered to their homes because of the No Visitors order.
I live in the Denver Metro area, just outside of Denver County. It would be difficult to enforce a No Visitors order by county here because it is difficult to tell where one county ends and the next begins.
I am fortunate to live about 5 blocks from the nearest grocery store...though I have made great attempts to avoid the need to go there more than once a week, wearing gloves and a face covering.
I also live less than a mile from the nearest hospital.
Every day I wake up so filled with anxiety that I fear that I am having another heart attack
...heart pounding and shaking...that feeling you feel when somebody silently walks up behind you unexpectedly and scares you...times about 10!
A part of me worries that this pandemic will never end...that life will never return to "normal."
I miss seeing my granddaughter! She used to come for sleepovers at least once a month or more. I haven't seen her in over a month and probably won't see her for another month!
The hope of getting to see her again is what keeps me going every day...that and the fact that my disabled daughter needs me to care for her.
Please...everybody!...do your part by staying home, staying socially distracted, cover your face if you need to go out, wash your hands often...so less people will get sick!
And hope for a vaccine to be developed very soon!