Thread: Why Do You RP?
View Single Post
Selki Seven
Sweet Tooth Extraordinaire ~☆

Old 04-10-2016, 04:37 PM

I role play because I like to have fun and be creative, but it's a lot more than that. I have trouble reading enough as it is, so having a long book, it is difficult to get through a book and not feel frustrated. However, because a role play is formatted a bit differently, they are easier to get into and understand. Not only that, but I have feedback from my partner in case I get confused. I can't very well just... call up the author of a book and be like, "Ey, mate, what are you on about on page 12 of Untitled?"

Aside from that, my brain is typically always rushing. It isn't quiet except for two reasons. One, I am meditating and floating in water. My mind is silent then. Or two... when I am immersed into a character, or multiple. Writing allows me to focus my best, when coupled with the right music and company, and even lets me stay creative. Writing is the one thing I am really good at, that I am semi-confident in my skills. I'm by no means great, but... I'm not a shoddy writer either.