View Single Post
YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-07-2021, 03:56 AM

"Maybe we should," Mars admitted. "It's been a long day and I'm sure ready for a looooong nap. Oh, thanks," she added as Lea began to clean up. She watched until the young shinigami disappeared down the hall and then she looked toward Jason. It was rare to catch either of the two without the other, and a moment alone seemed like a good opportunity to ask him about the angel encounter a few days earlier.

Jason, she thought, but she couldn't bring herself to bother him as he prepared to sleep. Though Mars was curious and concerned, she had already decided with Lea not to ask him about that angel who called his name. And yet...

When she realized she had been staring, she shook her head and let out a short huff in frustration with herself. "Sleep well," she wished.

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Silas tensed as the shinigami called Gwen stepped near him on her way out. He stood slowly when the third stranger approached and he frowned when she seemed to hypnotize Arael into her arms.

"What's the matter?" the warrior asked.

"It's hard to trust you," he explained. "We should be enemies, and I don't even know who you are."

The stranger strode closer and Silas fought hard against the urge to back away. The warrior lifted a palm to their face, removed their headgear, and revealed the pensive visage behind the acoustic torment. Even without her hood she was taller than Silas. "I am Seamus," she said. "This bay has drowned my kind as well as yours, and to deny faith in you would deny faith in my own."

"Okay, I understand you want me to think you trust us," he snapped. "But how do I know this isn't some kind of trick?"

"It seems you don't," she countered. "Do you want to return home with your kind or with us?"

"I want to protect Arael and bring back those I failed to keep safe," he insisted.

"Then it sounds like you have no choice, and in that case it doesn't matter if you know." Seamus turned to take Arael from her companion and onto her back. "I'm going to lift you up now if that's alright," she said to the smaller angel. She shifted somewhat to re-balance the weight of two beings over one center of gravity.

"Gwen will scout the path ahead and conceal our tracks," she added. "I doubt anyone will sight us, though if things are dire enough that you defected then trouble might try."

"Ah..." Silas uttered sheepishly. "Maybe we could talk more about that on the way? There are still some things I don't understand―about the crystal, and about today. I think Arael knows the most between the two of us."